Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 12:15:39 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: In order for you to be able to post a new thread in the "For Sale" board, you need at least 10 posts in the rest of the forum, however you'll be able to reply to any topic in the forum even if you dont have the 10 post count. Any posts in the "For Sale" board will not appear in your total post counter.

Any ads, should be posted in the "For Sale" or "Looking to Buy" forums ONLY, and they should be MCI or MCI-related. Please do not advertise your item on someone else's thread (hijack).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Dualflip

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Consoles
| |-+  JH-600 Series Consoles (Moderator: Westrek)
| | |-+  Welcome to the 600 forum!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the 600 forum!  (Read 11839 times)
Dualflip
Administrator
MCI Freak!

« on: December 27, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »

Same deal ppl, welcome to the 600 series format forum, i would like to hear about the 600 format owners, users, etc... Welcome!

I love MCI!
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »

Hello there

finally i found some info on my Stereo Buss MOD - i am not sure if they are helpfull but with this unit i have bypassed the buss of the MCI and i go thru the Jensen 990 -

Unfortunately i am not a tech - i write songs and produce... so i wo't be able to go into details about this mod - all i know is that my board sounds SO MUCH BETTER after this mod...

Recently i finished mixing the second album of Amana Melome', a sould singer , very talented - i used the board as a big summing... 24 outs from protools and 8 returns from outboard FX - (Brian Big Bass Garnder is mastering it right now) -

This way i was able to patch my analog compressors to vox/kick/snare/bass/guitars... and use the EQ from the board... truly once documented i was able even to do recalls without too much trouble ...

Ok attached find the mod info i found:

Sage
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »

Sage,

For some reason, that file you linked in the last post doesn't want to opem.

Best,

Bri

Professional audio and video systems design/construction/service/common sense.

Now based in Salina, Kansas

http://www.BrianRoth.com
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »

ok let me try this
Dualflip
Administrator
MCI Freak!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »

Hey Sage, arent you the guy who was selling little pre-stuffed PCBs on ebay for masterbuss summing boards and mic pre-amps?, i tried to buy one of those the other day but havent seen the auctions on ebay anymore...

I love MCI!
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »

No I was not the guy - I actually bought the board off of ebay myself ... see if you can find any info on the guy from this document attached...

sage
Mario I.
MCI Member

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »

Hi all,

Just dropping in to say hi!

MCI JH-636 (all Vari-Q Channels) and JH-110A owner here.
I've had them since 2005 (JH-636) and 2003 (JH-110).

Actually chatted to Brian before elsewhere. Thanks again for your help Brian!

Finally got around to recapping my 636, even though I've had the parts for a few years now.
Always plenty of fun, but I highly recommend a desldering iron if you're going to do this.
You can fully recap a channel in 90 minutes!

18 Channels done so far, 3-4 have some hicups (not passing Audio after EQ section).

So far I'm really happy with the outcome.
Sounds much better with new Panasonic caps.
I wish I would've done it before.

I'll next swap out the EQ Polyprop caps in the future with WIMA's...

I also totally rechipped with NE5534's from top to bottom.
I didn't want to "upgrade" just yet, but might try some different IC's in the preamp section next.

Best,

Mario

MCI JH-636 VU/AF - Vari-Q, MCI JH-110A
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »

Mario where are you located ?

sage
Mario I.
MCI Member

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »

Hi Sage,

Montreal, Quebec - Canada

Mario

MCI JH-636 VU/AF - Vari-Q, MCI JH-110A
EARTH-MUSIC
MCI Member

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

Hi there,
just wanted to say hello from Germany. I've done the same job and I am lucky that the recapping job is past. It took me quite a while.
I am still working on a few problems after bringing the board into my new rooms.

I am a JH-636 AF-LM, JH-24; JH-110 user and believer!

Best!
Gunter,  EARTH-MUSIC Germany
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 01:24:25 AM »

Welcome aboard, Gunter!

Best,

Bri

Professional audio and video systems design/construction/service/common sense.

Now based in Salina, Kansas

http://www.BrianRoth.com
cetaaudio
MCI Member

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

Hello,

I'm the audio technician in CETA at the University of Hartford in West Hartford CT. We have a MCI JH-636 console that I'm in the process of revitalising.  There are some pics of the process here.  http://mike.auralstage.com/capprocess/caps.html  .  Next on the wish list is to replace the red sockets and the pots in a bunch of the channels.  We also have a JH110 2 track and a JH24 24 track.  All these in pretty good working condition.  Thank you for this forum, you guys will prove to be most helpful.  Thank you.

- Mike de Almeida
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

Hello there,

should any of you have sources for dual PAN POTS please let me know -

sage
Dualflip
Administrator
MCI Freak!

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

Hello,

I'm the audio technician in CETA at the University of Hartford in West Hartford CT. We have a MCI JH-636 console that I'm in the process of revitalising.  There are some pics of the process here.  http://mike.auralstage.com/capprocess/caps.html  .  Next on the wish list is to replace the red sockets and the pots in a bunch of the channels.  We also have a JH110 2 track and a JH24 24 track.  All these in pretty good working condition.  Thank you for this forum, you guys will prove to be most helpful.  Thank you.

- Mike de Almeida

Hey Mike its nice to have you here, and feel free to ask any questions, and keep us posted on the status of that console, with more pics of the progress if you dont mind!

Best

Jose

I love MCI!
jachziger
MCI Member

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »

Hey Folks,
My name is Josh and I'm a freelance engineer based in Los Angeles. One of my clients just got a JH-600 console that he needs help with. I "just" need to hook up all the power supplies. There's 3 of them. I downloaded the manual and schematics and read a bit of a post on here talking about hooking up the power, but I know I'll have some questions. I'll be posting here soon with some.
Thanks!
Josh
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length