Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 04:42:05 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: In order for you to be able to post a new thread in the "For Sale" board, you need at least 10 posts in the rest of the forum, however you'll be able to reply to any topic in the forum even if you dont have the 10 post count. Any posts in the "For Sale" board will not appear in your total post counter.

Any ads, should be posted in the "For Sale" or "Looking to Buy" forums ONLY, and they should be MCI or MCI-related. Please do not advertise your item on someone else's thread (hijack).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Dualflip

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Consoles
| |-+  JH-500 Series Consoles (Moderator: Roginator)
| | |-+  VCAs on first 14 channels not working properly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VCAs on first 14 channels not working properly  (Read 736 times)
hiverdude
MCI Member

« on: April 22, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »

I'm hoping someone here can help me. The VCAs in the first 14 channels of my 28 channel board are only passing a very quiet, distorted signal... as though they are getting a message to turn off. If I flip up to the small faders on those channels, audio passes fine. It doesn't seem to be a power supply issue as all the VCAs are getting +/-15V.
Any ideas of where I can look?  I'm totally at a loss!

hiverdude
MCI Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »

OK!  it's fixed itself for now.

Time to ditch the VCAs and go analog faders!
Harrison
MCI Master
MCI Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »

You have a motherboard problem. The MBOs are 14 wide, 2 for 28, 3 for a 42 plus the master section.
(The 536 consoles just had one chopped down to 8 wide).
The wire links covering the joins in the board go dry and become intermittent.
Suggest looking at the armrest MBO between 14 and 15.
If you have automation cards (why?!) you will need to remove the interface card  as you can't see anything or get your fingers on the wire links which is what you need.
Hope this helps
PC
windmill
MCI Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »

Hi....to get at the motherboard below armrest I can't seem to remove the cover (does not drop down like the belly pan covers after removing screws).  Do I need to remove modules to access screws inside as well?  MCI 528B console

Thank you!
LarryL
MCI Historian
Administrator
MCI Member

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:49:24 AM »

Hi....to get at the motherboard below armrest I can't seem to remove the cover (does not drop down like the belly pan covers after removing screws).  Do I need to remove modules to access screws inside as well?  MCI 528B console

Thank you!

No. Give it a good yank

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length