Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 06:59:27 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: In order for you to be able to post a new thread in the "For Sale" board, you need at least 10 posts in the rest of the forum, however you'll be able to reply to any topic in the forum even if you dont have the 10 post count. Any posts in the "For Sale" board will not appear in your total post counter.

Any ads, should be posted in the "For Sale" or "Looking to Buy" forums ONLY, and they should be MCI or MCI-related. Please do not advertise your item on someone else's thread (hijack).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Dualflip

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Consoles
| |-+  JH-500 Series Consoles (Moderator: Roginator)
| | |-+  Console tripping power with more than half the channels in
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Console tripping power with more than half the channels in  (Read 568 times)
kakumei47
MCI Member

« on: July 03, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »

Super annoying tech issue today that shut down my whole board. Let me know if you have ideas.

When I flip on power, my console trips the breaker (I'm on acopians and have them fused, so not stock PSU besides meters). Here are my troubleshooting observations:
1) It doesn't happen when I disconnect 24v from the rear of the console. When I reconnect it it happens).
2) It doesn't seem to happen when I have the master section +10 or so channels in. It doesn't matter what other channels I put in but it eventually starts tripping power. I pulled all channels. Added master (fine), then kepy increasing till it didn't work (first quit on CH 17, but I pulled a few and it still did it, now it's working at 10 channels + master)
3) Voltages all measure great.
4) I use Acopian PSUs and changed out 24v for a working spare and same issue.
5) I refinished the console wood and pulled out/put back the console this morning, and it's possible that something got bumped or I slightly ran over the PSU cabling (my console is on wheels). I'm going to replace the 24v PSU cabling tomorrow to see if that helps. Any ideas?

MCI JH528c
Harrison
MCI Master
MCI Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »

Leave the master modules in. Set the console to mic mode, no modules to have any reverse switches set.
10 modules only.
Can you flip console modes happily? Y/N?

What happens if you add 2 more modules in mic mode?

The point is that mic mode does not call any relays, ie 24v is only doing lamps.
tape mode calls K3 and an LED per channel, remix calls the VCA reverse relays and takes the most current.

Has this just happened recently?
Have you had any other changes to your mains power?
PC
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length