Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 09:11:01 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Please post general conversations, videos, music, and similar stuff in the "Tips, Tricks and General MCI conversations" section, use the Misc section for any product not listed in the categories, parts or custom projects. Thanks!

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Consoles
| |-+  JH-600 Series Consoles (Moderator: Westrek)
| | |-+  Automation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Automation  (Read 266 times)
Berwyn636
MCI Member

« on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »

Anyone successfully used the JH50 Automation via a track in the DAW then offsetting the samples in the daw to sync your pass to your session?? is it not easily repeatable? does the sample offset change on every pass?

I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't seen it. Maybe lost in the great data dump? sorry if this is redundant. Kiss

RPM

MCI brown is the new black.
TonesOnTail
MCI Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:39:42 PM »

To answer your question, yes, it does work. I believe that the auto data only requires 9.6khz of audio bandwidth.

Before the Great Server Crash of '16, there were quite a number of threads of people using it successfully. In fact, as long as you run a fairly low latency record, it was said that there was less drift from pass to pass as there was when using JH-50 to tape.

'75 MCI JH16-24 w/ JH114 xport ----- '84 Sony/MCI JH110C-HP 1/4" 2trk ----- '82 MCI JH636-VU-AF
Berwyn636
MCI Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »

thanks!!

MCI brown is the new black.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length