Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 09:15:37 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: In order for you to be able to post a new thread in the "For Sale" board, you need at least 10 posts in the rest of the forum, however you'll be able to reply to any topic in the forum even if you dont have the 10 post count. Any posts in the "For Sale" board will not appear in your total post counter.

Any ads, should be posted in the "For Sale" or "Looking to Buy" forums ONLY, and they should be MCI or MCI-related. Please do not advertise your item on someone else's thread (hijack).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Dualflip

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Tape Machines
| |-+  JH-110 (Moderator: brianroth)
| | |-+  110B/C Record Headroom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 110B/C Record Headroom  (Read 60 times)
TonesOnTail
MCI Member

« on: May 25, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »

Another long shot, I know.... Does anyone else remember the topic on the forum pre data loss on component changes to increase record headroom? I can't remember the forum member or details, but would be interested in revisiting this if someone does.

Thanks

'75 MCI JH16-24 w/ JH114 xport ----- '84 Sony/MCI JH110C-HP 1/4" 2trk ----- '82 MCI JH636-VU-AF
brianroth
MCI Freak!

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »

I recall the discussion, but not the specifics.  There was a lot of "back and forth".

Bri

Professional audio and video systems design/construction/service/common sense.

Now based in Salina, Kansas

http://www.BrianRoth.com
W1DAN
MCI Member

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »

Hi:

I remember something about it. The person posting stated he was able to get more signal on tape by reducing a series resistor feeding the record head. I do not know what tape he was using, or the reference flux.

As the JH110B/C has good record power to feed hotter +9dB tapes such as Ampex 499, I am not sure this modification is necessary.

Dan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length