Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 01:11:23 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Please post general conversations, videos, music, and similar stuff in the "Tips, Tricks and General MCI conversations" section, use the Misc section for any product not listed in the categories, parts or custom projects. Thanks!

+  MCI Console and Tape Machine Forum
|-+  MCI Consoles
| |-+  JH-600 Series Consoles (Moderator: Westrek)
| | |-+  CUE SENDS TALKBACK 3-4 and 5-6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CUE SENDS TALKBACK 3-4 and 5-6  (Read 57 times)
sage
MCI Member

« on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:16 PM »

Hello there

so for some reason it seems that my talkback only goes to send 5-6 which is the default cue amp mix.
I would like to send a different mix using sends 3-4 which works fine except the TALKBACK does not get to 3-4 which makes it really difficult to communicate to ALL the musicians in the live room....

It seems like the schematics were designed that way.

Any work around that ?

Sage
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 04:45:57 PM »

There are circuit board locations which require a 10K resistor for each aux bus to receive talkback.  I recall the standard factory assembly had only resistors for 5/6 but there should be empty positions for additional resistors.

Bri

Professional audio and video systems design/construction/service/common sense.

Now based in Salina, Kansas

http://www.BrianRoth.com
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »

wow that is amazing news ! ... any chance you remember the location I would appreciate !!! I assume on the comm module right?

Sage
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:35:07 PM »

Actually i think i found the location on the schematics of the COMM board....

At the end of this mix i will pull it out and see...

Thank you so much Bri you are always an amazing resource !

Sage
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »

Hey Brian

I actually am not sure I found it... I am including 2 pics - on the schematics I think the part circled is the one you are referring to but on the board is it the one circled as well ? If so I have no resistors at all ... shall I place the 10k there?

Sage
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »

The schematic shows what I recall.  But I don't think what you circled in the PC board photo is where the resistors go.  You'll have to trace the PCB foils to find the correct locations.

Bri

sage
MCI Member

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 11:20:21 PM »

Thank you Brian  - I will try...  - I just don't see at first glance a raw of holes where optional resistors might go.... but i will keep looking  - there are traces both side of the board and in between so not too easy for me...

I will give it a go again  - thank you

Sage
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »

Just for grins, take a photo again of that area on the circuit board, but more of a closeup.  The earlier photo is pretty fuzzy when I enlarge it.

Bri

sage
MCI Member

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 05:55:01 PM »

HI brian  - sorry late reply I was in Texas... here it is and thank you !

Sage
sage
MCI Member

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »

One more thing... I was checking your website and oh man .. these boards you built back then look amazing and I bet they sounded incredible.... have you ever thought of designing an EQ for the MCI to replace the existing ones ? Kinda like the Troisi... if there is one man that can do that it seems would be you....

Sage
brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »

HI brian  - sorry late reply I was in Texas... here it is and thank you !

Sage

EDIT:  I was looking at the thumbnail, not the regular jpeg.  Ignore the next two sentences.
The new pic isn't in good focus, so I still can't make out what is going on there.  I don't have access to a comm module, so can't study it to try to understand what is going on in that area.

Looking at the real image, that section is for some sort of optional circuitry with positions for an IC, transistors and capacitors.  I think that option may have been power supply related.

Look around the other edge connectors and see what you can spot around the gold edge fingers in the "30's"

Bri
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:18:03 PM by brianroth » Logged

brianroth
MCI Master
MCI Freak!

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »

One more thing... I was checking your website and oh man .. these boards you built back then look amazing and I bet they sounded incredible.... have you ever thought of designing an EQ for the MCI to replace the existing ones ? Kinda like the Troisi... if there is one man that can do that it seems would be you....

Sage

Thanks for the kind remarks.  About the closest I've come to that sort of project is thinking about an EQ in an API 500 series module package.

Bri

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length